2013 Sports Scholarship
The UTS Union Sports Scholarship Program strives to assist our athletes in their desire to combine high performance sport and a tertiary education. Over the years UTS Union has provided Sports Scholarships to Olympians, World Champions and National Champions.
A considerable fund has been established by the UTS Union to provide support to high achievers in a wide range of sporting pursuits.
The UTS Union Ltd has two programs to support athletes of UTS:
Elite Athlete Program:
- Financial assistance in the form of a cash grant of up to $3000 depending on performance level.
- Free use of UTS Union Fitness Centre and Consultation and Programming services.
- Subsidised fees when competing for UTS in University Sporting Competitions.
- Assistance with Academic matters via the Elite Athlete Friendly University Network.
Emerging Athlete Program:
Each scholar in the Emerging Athlete Program will receive:
- A grant towards each University Games competed in annually.
- Free use of the UTS Union Gym; or reciprocal membership to Kuring-Gai Gym.
- Assistance with Academic matters via the Elite Athlete Friendly University Network
Applications for the 2013 Elite and Emerging Athlete Program will open here on 2 December, closing 1 March 2013 at 5pm.
2013 EAP Housing Scholarship
A considerable fund has been established by the UTS Union and UTS Housing to provide two EAP Housing Scholarships to support two members of the UTS Elite Athlete Program in their sport and academic pursuits. The scholarship will provide a single room in an apartment at the UTS accommodation for the period of one university year. To apply, please fill out the online form, making sure you upload the following supporting documents:
- Written Documentation from:
1. Australian Institute of Sport
2. State Institute or Academy of Sport OR
3. State or National Sporting Organisation where applicants are team/ squad and/or league members
Please provide a written reference from someone who can testify as to your sporting achievements, including their contact details. An example of this would be a coach or club representative
- Sporting Resume:
Please provide a resume detailing your sporting history, outlining detailed achievements from the last 2 years and including any information on State and National competitions or representative teams and achievements.
Please attach two high resolution (2MB) action photographs as well as a passport- sized head shot of yourself.
Please provide a one page statement addressing the eligibility criteria and clearly stating how a scholarship at UTS Housing would assist your sporting and academic pursuits.
Pleas note: your application will not be accepted unless these documents are included.
Click here to learn more about eligibility criteria. Applications for this scholarship have now closed.
For further information contact:
Aimee Purcell at the UTS Union Sports Office
02 9514 2832