UTS Union Ltd is subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the National Privacy Principles. This policy deals with how UTS Union Ltd collects, manages and discloses personal information.
UTS Union Ltd:
- Collects personal information from or about you for the purpose of providing information about its products and services;
- Only collects such information as is reasonably necessary to enable UTS Union to provide its products and services;
- Will not disclose your personal information without your consent to anyone other than its authorized staff, except where:
- it is required by law to do so; or
- disclosure is reasonably necessary to minimize a serious and imminent threat to your health or safety or that of another person; or
- you have consented to the disclosure.
- Will implement appropriate procedures and systems to protect personal information from loss or misuse or unauthorized access, modification or disclosure in accordance with the National Privacy Principles; and
- Will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information held is relevant, not excessive, accurate, complete and up to date;
- Retain personal information for no longer than is necessary and then dispose of it lawfully and securely.
UTS Union Website
While you are using the UTS Union website, the only personal information that is captured by UTS Union is information that you provide to us when filling in forms on the site.
When you look at the UTS Union web site, we make a record of your visit and log the following information for statistical purposes:
- Your server address.
- Your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc).
- The date and time of your visit to the site.
- The pages you accessed and documents downloaded.
- The previous site you visited.
- The type of browser you used.
No attempt will be made to identify individual users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect UTS Union's logs.
Some sites use "cookies" to track a particular user's access to a site. Cookies are not used on the Union website to gather personal information about users except when they are used within a specific web-based application for session management purposes.
UTS Union E-newsletters
When subscribing to UTS Union Ltd e-newsletters, the email address you supply will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and will not be provided to any third parties without your consent. You have the option to unsubscribe at anytime.
UTS Union Advantage Program Membership
Some personal information, such as your contact details, age and gender, is requested from you when you become a member of the UTS Union Advantage Program. This information is never sold or given to third parties, but may be used for market research to further improve our services to students. In these cases the personal information you provide will be anonymous.
In order to enter some of the competitions that UTS Union runs through its publications and website, you will need to provide us with contact information. This information is only used to inform prize-winners of their success, and, where relevant, to organise the delivery of prizes. This information is not retained for marketing purposes or sold or given to third parties.
Accessing your personal information
You may request access to your personal information at any time. UTS Union Ltd will make any corrections to your personal information for the purpose of ensuring it remains accurate, complete and up to date.
Concerns or Complaints
Concerns or complaints about privacy issues on this site will be taken seriously. Please direct any enquiries or comments to the Director of Programs & Sport on 02 9514 2832 or firstname.lastname@example.org.